Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Heart Doublenaut Designs


After waking up under the weather this morning it took me a little longer than usual to get into “design mode”. I decided to do a bit of lingering around the web before diving into a project that is in much need of some attention.

With the artist Feist as my current inspiration, I began researching album covers and gig posters. Silk-screen and letterpress designs have always seemed to grab my attention first. Their vibrant colours, and layers of inks on the page give the print an absolutely spectacular texture and hand-made feel, something that is certainly lacking in my current design wing.

In an effort to see more of these beautiful designs I began scrolling through numerous blogs and was surprised to come across a Canadian pair that did some excellent work. Andrew and Matt McCracken, a brother duo based out of Toronto, Ontario, are currently operating a design and illustration studio (Doublenaut) with some pretty neat clients. The two have managed to design posters for bands such as Billy Talent, Dave Mathews Band and Flight of the Concords. Myspace Canada, Warner Music Group and Wired are just a few of the other clients on their list.

Check out Andrew and Matt’s designs and illustration below, and definitely take note of their unbelievable talent to create visually pleasing geometric designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment